Thursday, March 29, 2018

Week 7: FHL Stuff - March 28, 2018

I saw on Facebook that the family of one of Priscilla's former mission companions, and they actually lived in Gilbert AZ at that time, was visiting Temple Square. I half jokingly asked Dave to find Elder Wright and send me pictures. I was super surprised and happy when Dave sent these from the 3rd floor of the Family History Library! Elder Wright had never met them, so it may have been a little weird for him, but mom was thrilled! Thanks DeWidts!!!



 Now on to his letter home this week:

So it's P-day again, and that means it's another email from me. It's a bit different having a P-day on a weekday than on Saturday because we have to be a bit more cautious with time since we have night zone at 6. On the other hand, it was kind of a blessing last week and this week because I got to talk to my parents the day after transfers and because I didn't have to give up my P-day for Conference. Yep, if you have a P-day on conference, you basically have to reschedule the important P-day stuff (laundry, emails, and shopping) or just plan ahead. Thankfully, that was not the case for me.
So I have been serving in the FHL for a week now, so I probably should explain more about that. My district is the Help Services District, which is a patron-facing district on the 3rd floor of the Family History Library. In other words, if you are in or around Salt Lake City and want to set up a Family Search account, you would come to us for help (or you could just come up and say hi, that's cool too). Things are going okay for me, but it has been a bit hard being in a place where I'm expected to be able to teach people how to use Family Search when I lack the skills to do so. In the end I hope I can make it to next transfer.
One spiritual thing that I've notice this week is something I read in Mosiah. Though it was just the story of how the people of Mosiah, Alma, and the people that Ammon (not the one that cut off a ton of arms, its the guy before him) discovered, became one people and how they were able to get along so well despite them not knowing each other for long. I hope that we can all have that kind of spirit in our lives.
Till next week,
Elder Wright
PS: My next P-day will be next Friday, so watch out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment