Tuesday, March 13, 2018

"Your ancestors will always be with you" - February 11, 2018


I feel bad that I don't have more pictures from the days we spent with Nick in Utah just before we left him. We were able to enjoy time with Priscilla, her college friends and Christopher. We spent Saturday evening with the Ketcher side of the family. And we had a big family dinner with the Wrights on Sunday night before we dropped Nick off the next morning.

That Sunday morning we were able to go to church at my Uncle Stan's assisted living center, The Beehive Home, in Draper. Stan had an amazing gift for Nick. It's a blanket that belonged to my Grandpa Ketcher. Stan said he thought of it the night before when we were visiting and he wanted to give it to Nick to remind him that his Native American ancestors and many other ancestors too would always be near him to help him during his mission. I had felt the exact same impression when Nick was being set apart. I love these pictures near in front of the portrait of Grandma and Grandpa Ketcher!




No comments:

Post a Comment