Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Week 2: Why I Hate The Snow - February 24, 2018

So I finished my second week, and you can probably tell by the title of this email, it snowed. It snowed Monday and Friday, but even two days is too much for me. It is definitely too cold for me, but missionary work waits for no one, so I keep going. Thankfully my suit is able to keep me warm and I have gloves for my hands, but it still is annoying to have to keeping taking gloves on and off while also managing an umbrella. Hopefully it will let up.
As for more important things, I have finished up training and I have been assigned to my first zone: special projects. This zone does various things, but the project that I am currently working on is called the Liahona project, in which we look through digital copies of the old issue of the Liahona magazine and look for the names of missionaries and record them and a small profile on an excel sheet. It's not the most fun thing to do, but it's not the most boring thing either. I also got a new companion/trainer, Elder Walker, and he's pretty cool. He has only been out for two months, so technically, I have been on my mission longer than he has. None the less, we get along real well, and we talk a lot about the gospel, Star Wars, and Pokemon. I am so grateful that I have been able to have nothing but great companions for my entire mission so far.
All in all, I know that even though we may be surrounded by challenges, such as snow, we can find the good in everything. Thank you all for your support and talk to you all next week.
PS: All the elders in my mission got to meet Elder Duncan from the quorum of the 70, so that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment