Tuesday, March 13, 2018

First Week - February 17, 2018

We were super excited for his first email home!

Hello, this is Elder Wright. So I'm almost done with my first week here in the Salt Lake City Headquarters mission. Many of you have been wondering what exactly I would be doing. Well, so far I have been doing what is the equivalent to MTC, but only a week long so they are keeping us fairly busy. We have mainly been learning how to use family search and touring the various zones throughout the mission. All the zones are indoors, and they either involve helping guests or doing computer stuff in the back. It has been pretty interesting though. My companion and I are part of a group of eight starting missionaries here, so we have plenty of people to ask for help on. Our mission president is President Fenn, and he is really well versed in the gospel. He does have a tendency to go on teaching past the ending point, and he does like to preach very loudly, but he is a great mission president and it is really fun to listen to him. One interesting thing that happened this week is that it snowed Thursday morning. That was really cool, but it didn't snow for long. In all, I would have to say that even though it has been tough sometimes, I know that as long as I keep faith in the Lord, that I will be able to continue to have a great time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment