Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Week 4: Sick Week - March 10, 2018

We got a surprise Saturday morning. We were waiting around for Nick to email and suddenly Mom got a text from an unknown number. It was McKay Chamberlain's mom. McKay was in marching band and drumline with Nick in high school. Nick really loved McKay and they have skyped since McKay returned from his mission. Apparently he and Nick ran into each other, and McKay sent this picture to his mom who forwarded it to me. She said that Nick was doing well and really enjoying his mission. So happy to hear that and to see his big smile!

Later, we got his weekly email.

So, another week, another email. As you can tell from the title, sickness was a big part of the week, however, I was not the one who was sick. During the first half of the week I had gotten no sleep until I talked to the nurse, who gave me benadryl. As for my companion, he go sick on Thursday and had a follow-up appointment afterwords. In other words, it wasn't that bad.
As for other news, I have been settling into my routine fairly well. We have been getting good food and working real hard, but other than what I said before, nothing out of the ordinary has happened this week. Hopefully things improve next week. 
Finally, for a spiritual message, I would just like to say that on Sunday we had a devotional with our mission president, which was pretty interesting, but he was also dealing with some kidney stones at the time, so if that isn't faith and determination, I don't know what is.
Talk to you next week,
Elder Wright
PS: My mission president recently had surgery. He is now the proud father of either 3 or 5 kidney stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment