Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Week 42: Thanksgiving Fun! - November 27, 2018


Hello friends, it's time for me to do the emailing thing again! Okay, so I actually do have stuff to tell you about. Obviously, we had Thanksgiving last week, so that makes up the majority of it. 
Okay, so we actually started having our time off on Wednesday night, in which we spent our time playing games like Smash Up. On the actual day of Thanksgiving, we actually didn't have much free time, since they kept us pretty busy. We did get to sleep in an hour, though, so that's cool. We then went to work out like usual, but unlike the other times we actually got to be with all of the mission rather than just the rest of the FHL side of the mission. That was pretty fun since I got to spend some time with people that I hardly see any more. After work out, we had to help set things up for the actual dinner in the cultural hall, which took a couple of hours. We then went back to the apartments for an hour, then we went back to have Thanksgiving dinner/lunch. It was being catered by this one restaurant along with any missionaries that wanted to contribute, so the food was really delicious. It was great because it reminded me of my family's Thanksgiving tradition of having Thanksgiving at our church building. After we finished eating, we went back to the apartments for an hour or two, then back to the stake center again to watch a movie. The movie we watched was "Rudy", and I really liked it, even though I'm not much of a sports person. The main reason I liked it is because it shows that you can reach your goals as long as you put in all of your effort. You don't have to naturally be talented at something, as long as try your best, which it has to be your best, you can accomplish anything. 
The next day we had the same kind of work out thing that we did the day before, but without the set up part. After that, we had a ton of free time, which my district used to go shopping and to, as I put it, scavenge the remains of Black Friday. This plan, however, kind of fell flat because 1. we didn't realize that stores usually keep things well stocked, even after the initial stampede of Black Friday morning, and 2. we didn't really see anything that we wanted/needed/could use. It would have been cool to get something, but every time I saw something that I would usually want, I just didn't feel the desire to get it. I do feel like that was for the best, though, so it's good thing. That evening we watched another football movie called "Remember the Titans", and it was alright, but I still liked "Rudy" a bit more. I did like how it showed how people can easily get along despite their different races, but it had a strange pace to it and the little girl that's supposed to be the one we're seeing these events from just comes off as annoying and a bit unnecessary.
The only other thing that I know to tell you all about is that we had transfers last week, so I guess I can talk about that. The only thing that really changed is that we got a different elder in my apartment now, and his name is Elder Gale, who is a former district leader so that means he knows what he's doing. Other than that, nothing else affected us. All I have left to say now is that I hope you all had a great time with your Thanksgivings! Have a great week, and remember to do your best no matter what you do!!!
Till then,
Elder Wright
  








No comments:

Post a Comment