Sunday, November 4, 2018

Week 38 1/2: Transfer Updates and Halloween - November 3, 2018

We were super happy and surprised to get a bonus email from Elder Wright this week. Read below and you'll understand.
Hey everyone! So, just so you know, no, this is not my new p-day, so be ready for me to also do emails on Tuesday. The reason I am emailing is because my new companion, Elder Barron, is new to the zone, and because of how our zone works, this first p-day is today so that it would not interfere with his training. Oh well, it gives me an extra chance to talk to you all. 
As for transfers, it went pretty well. As you know from my last email, I didn't have to move this month, so that was amazing. I do have a new companion, though, and he's pretty cool. He's from Atlanta, Georgia, and is a fan of skate boarding, drawing, and Dark Souls. He kind of reminds me of my first companion, Elder Halliday, so that's pretty cool. We haven't done too much as a companionship, but I think that will change in the future.
Halloween was on Wednesday, and we were not kept from having fun. At 5 pm, we got to go to the JSMB to eat Dominos and to watch Coco, which was really fun since I've only seen that movie once before, and that was before the mission. That movie does a good job at showing what happens to us when our family doesn't do their family history. Sure, they may not physically fade away (is it physically if they are dead, or is ethereally), but they do fade away from our memory and from our lives, making it like they have never lived at all. I just hope we all can remember that and use it to help us remember to do our family history work. Sorry for the tangent, but anyway, after that we went back to our apartments, where I had some fun with a fake mustache. I have pictures, but I forgot to bring my camera with me, so I'll send those on Monday.
I think that's all I really have to say for now. We are going to be having a temple day today to do baptisms, confirmations, and initiatories for some of the relatives of the senior sister missionaries, so that will be great. I'll have to let you know how that goes. Have a great week!
Till then,
Elder Wright’s

No comments:

Post a Comment