Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Week 38: Not Moving!! - October 30, 2018


Elder Wright didn't send any pictures this week (again!) but this picture showed up in Mom's Facebook Memories. One year ago today was his first day serving at Save The Family here in Arizona. He loved serving there!

Hey everyone, time for my email for the week. So, not much is too different, but that's going to change in a few hours because transfers are at 4 pm. I don't know much that is going to happen this time around, but I do know that my companion is moving, while I am not, which is what I'm so happy about. The 'not moving' part, that is. This is the first time my entire time here that I will not be changing apartments, and I'm super pumped because that means I won't have to pack up and change apartments for the ninth time. I know it might seem like a small thing to be excited about, but this is something that I've been wanting for a long time now, so that's all that matters to me. It will be sad to not be companions with the guy that I'm currently with, but oh well. I know that he will be fine.
Another development is that one of the elders in my district, Elder Blanton, is finishing his mission today, which means that his companion is with my companion and I for now. Things have been going well, but hopefully I'm not going to be in the trio next transfer.
As for Halloween, we do have a thing planned for it. Instead of night zone, we will be going to the JSMB (we won't be able to go through temple square, though, so that will make that trip longer) to have dinner and watch a movie, which I believe has been confirmed to be Disney's Coco. I think it will be fun and I can't wait. I'm just mainly surprised that things have been going by so quickly. I mean, even Google has it's little Halloween logo/game up, yet it still feels like it's only the beginning of October. Things will also be going a lot quicker, since this next transfer is only going to be three weeks long so that they can do transfers right before Thanksgiving. What I'm trying to say is, is that things go by a lot quicker when you are doing all that you can while in it, which can apply to things both good and bad. Just remember to do the best that you can in what ever you do. Have a great week, and remember that I have transfers, so don't be too surprise if things change, even though I'm fairly sure they aren't going to change too much!
Till next week,
Elder Wright
 
Elder Wright also sent some more Q&A this week
 
Q: What is your schedule for a regular p-day?
A: Wake up and get ready for the day, do laundry if there is enough time, go shopping around 10 am, eat lunch, do emails, do laundry if it wasn't done in the morning, clean the apartment, and enjoy any free time that is left.

Q: What is your schedule for a p-day on transfers?
A: Do laundry the night before, then everything else as normal, but also making sure to be at the JSMB by 3:45 pm.

Q: Do you get hot in your work area? Can you take off your suit coat?
A: I don't get hot too often here, since it's still not as hot as Arizona, so I don't really take my coat off that often in my current zone.

Q: When you play dodge ball do you have the same team every time?
A: No, mainly because we have so many elders here and that would kind of get boring.

Q: Does your team ever win?
A: We don't really record wins and losses, but that have been a couple of times where I was the only one left, which was interesting/terrifying.

Q: What are the names of the elders in the mission from Arizona?
A: I probably don't know all of them, but the ones I don know are as follows: Elder Wright from Chandler (me), Elder Durrant from Mesa, Elder Haroldsen from Gilbert, Elder Perkins from some place that I've never heard of, and Elder Bastian from some town near Tuscon.

Hope these questions are helpful for those who want to know more about my mission.

This article was posted on his mission Facebook page about the young Elders service project last weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment