Thursday, May 30, 2019

Week 68: "Discovering" New Experiences - May 30, 2019



Hey everyone. So, the other day was transfers, and as you might expect from me emailing right now, I got transferred. Specifically, I'm now working in the  Discovery Center, which is on the main floor of of the FHL (Family History Library). I honestly have no clue about what I should say about this. I will not lie, it was difficult at first when I got assigned to here, especially because it is one of the most social zones in the mission, but I am starting to feel better about it, since I realize there isn't much I can really do about this. It reminds me a bit of Jonah and how he tried to run away from his call to preach in Nineveh, and in the end he decided to do The Lord's will. Granted, it didn't occur to me by being thrown from a boat and swallowed by a whale, but I did have to go through some tribulation to finally realize that I need to sometimes learn to surrender my will to Heavenly Father. I hope you all have a great week and remember that we can overcome any trial, as long as we are following God's will. 
Till Then,
Elder Wright
PS: Pictures from Memorial Day! I spent most of the day hanging out with some of the other elders, but the biggest highlight was finding my great great grandparents' grave! 

With the changes in his schedule, we were able to email a little bit today. Here are some things I was able to find out.
*His new companion is Elder Filmore from Virginia
*He has the same apartment, bedroom and bed that he had when he served in Library Services
*President Fenn said this will not be his last assignment before he comes home in September
*Other elders in his apartment are Elder Slack, the district leader, and Elder Spears. He really likes them both
*In addition to going to the SLC cemetery on Memorial Day, the missionaries also had Papa Johns pizza and a presentation by President Fenn as well as a short tour of the cemetery. He got to see Pres. McKay's grave and a memorial for Hyrum Smith.


No comments:

Post a Comment