Monday, April 29, 2019

Week 63: I'm an Endangered Species - April 27, 2019

A senior Sister Missionary posted this on the mission facebook page. Elder Wright and others went to her apartment for Easter dinner.


Hello friends and family! Okay, so a big announcement has been recently in the mission, so I'm going to talk about that. On July 1, 2020, this mission will be consolidated with the church service mission program. In other words, starting on that date we will no longer have young elders on this mission. Now, this does not effect me at all, since my release date is before then, but it does effect what happens to a good number of the elders in this mission (about 30). Also, this means that we will no longer be receiving any new young elders on this mission, so over time the number of elders here will be dwindling. So, that is why I'm an endangered species, because we will be dying off slowly. I will say, though, that I'm glad that I got to be a trainer before the cut off point, and I'm glad that I got to be a part of this amazing mission. Anyways, let me know if you have any questions about his whole situation and what you think. Have a wonderful week, and remember the Lord's timing is different in ours, so be prepared! 
Till then,
Elder Wright

Sister Purdy, Sister Bishop, Elders Moody, Passey, Peacock, and Wright

Another screenshot when he called home via google hangouts

No comments:

Post a Comment