Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 60: Throat Problems & Conference - April 6, 2019

We got a wonderful surprise this week when our good friend Zack (our kids call him Uncle Zack) ran into Elder Wright on Temple Square and sent us this picture. Thanks Zack!

Hello! Things have been pretty slow around here for the past couple of days. Other than getting to help people at a senior care facility do family history, thing have been pretty dull. One thing that I did have happen recently, though, is that I have been dealing with some sickness that has been messing with my throat, making it so that I'm coughing and full of mucus that I can't get out. I am happy to say, however, that I'm feeling a lot better and all I have now is sneezing.
So, how about that conference? I really enjoyed it because 1.) I got to listen to it at my apartment while I did laundry and 2.) I got a lot of answers to questions that I've been needing answered. I'm definitely looking forward to the next sessions and I can't wait to see what all is to happen next. 
As for upcoming news, we will be having Neil L. Anderson visiting our mission on Wednesday, so that's going to be very exciting. This will be the 3rd member of the First Presidency & Quorum of the Twelve that I will see while I'm on the mission and I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say to us. Anyways, hope you all have an amazing week ahead of you and that you all have a great time hearing from the prophet!
Till then,
Elder Wright
 
PS-Hey everyone, just want to give a shout-out to Zack Taylor because I ran into him this week and got to say hello! It's always cool to see people you know on the mission. That doesn't mean that you should all visit me, I'm still busy serving here, so you can just wait another few months. Have a great week!!
 
He also told us that he would be attending the Priesthood session of conference, and that he went to Kneaders for breakfast on Saturday. He is still working in Digital Image Processing, but it has been complicated lately because the IT department is working on the software. 

Another photo from Zack

Elder Wright showing us his ticket to the Priesthood session

Our family got to be together via technology for a few minutes on Conference weekend



You can see some of the young Elders from the SLC Headquarters Mission behind the First Presidency 



No comments:

Post a Comment