Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Week 29: Transfers Today/...Again: Double P-day & Announcement - August 29, 2018

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago when the Young Elders participated in cleaning the Ensign Peak trailhead. Elder Wright said that the other two elders in the picture are Elder Harris and Elder Waechtler.

Elder Wright had P-day on both Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Read his emails below to find out why.

From Tuesday:
Week 29: Transfers Today
Hello friends! So, there isn't much to talk about other than the fact that transfers are today! I got a moving notice, which is still nothing new, but there is one little piece of information that I have that I would like to tell you all, but I can't as of now. I will, however be able to tell you next p-day, which may be sooner, since transfers and all that stuff. All I can say is be ready for my next email.
Before I go, I just want you all to know that it was my Mom's birthday last Friday so make sure to wish her a happy late birthday! I feel like this email is fairly small, so make sure to email me with questions so that I can answer them!
Till next week,
Elder Wright

From Wednesday
Week 29: ...Again: Double P-day & Announcement
Remember how I said that my p-day might change? Well, my p-day is now on Wednesday. That means I have two p-days in a row! Hooray! Well, sort of. Honestly, having two p-days isn't that exciting since my new companion, Elder Crittenden, still has to do all his p-day stuff, so it's not exactly a completely free day. As for the announcement, it is this: I am now a district leader, which is pretty interesting. I wasn't able to tell you guys at the time due to transfers not happening yet, but now I can, so yeah, I'm a district leader now. What does this mean? It means that I am now in charge of myself and three other elders in Data Services. I will also be getting a phone, but that isn't that big of a deal. I have been a little bit bothered by the fact that some of the other elders, mainly the other district leaders, have congratulated me on this, when in reality I didn't do anything to receive this calling. That receiving callings like this are not an achievement, they are a calling, meaning that it's not worth celebrating or saying "good job" about it. Oh well, I know that everything will go well. My district doesn't seem like they're that difficult to take care of, so I'm sure everything will be fine.
Let me know if any of you have any questions. I recently was able to answer a question from a member of my home ward, and I thought it was pretty cool, so let me know if there is anything you are wondering about.
Till next week,
Elder Wright

Mom here again. Nick is a man of few words. I was able to find out some more info while we were able to chat yesterday and today. I thought I would share a little bit.
He got to go to the temple last week, so no service project. He usually does temple work for names that the temple provides, but he is going to start doing some of our family names. In fact, he did baptisms and confirmations for ancestors last week.
On Monday nights they either have District Meeting or Book of Mormon class with President Fenn. He says that President Fenn doesn't usually stay on topic, since he really loves the Book of Mormon, so he has a tendency to start talking about other chapters. He is able to teach any part of the Book of Mormon with the spirit and make it great. All of the young Elders in his mission are required to go, but some of the Senior missionaries go too.
He had dinner with a senior couple, Elder and Sister McKnight on Sunday.
He said that he could tell us pretty much everything that usually happens in Help Services and Digital Imaging Processing, if it weren't for the fact that it's "pretty boring." But Data Services has some pretty confidential stuff that he can't share. He feels like the Lord and the mission president have a lot of trust in the Young Elders. About a year ago, they didn't have access to all of these things. They mostly did account recovery stuff, and when they weren't doing that, they were making hats! "Our mission is growing really fast, and it's fun to be a part of it."
Thanks again to all of you for your, love, support and prayers!

Here's another picture of Elder Wright with the other missionaries


No comments:

Post a Comment