Sunday, May 6, 2018

Week 12: Service Project - May 5, 2018


Hey guys! So I don't have to much time to chat since I still have plenty to do, but let me you about my week. In DIP, we apparently have been doing so well at our jobs that we started to run out of projects. Seriously, on Thursday we had barely anything to do, so we mainly sat around and read our scriptures. We did receive more work on Friday, but we got through that fairly quickly. Thankfully, we are suppose to be receiving a big project on Monday, which means we can actually work again! Also on Friday, some of us elders got to do a service project. We mainly pulled weeds and other kinds of yard work, but it was really fun and I'm glad I got to have the experience. I hope that we can remember that doing service can really be one of the best way to help others. Have a great week!
From,
Elder Wright

Note from Mom:I asked what images he scans for DIP and he said the images either have to do with the Family Search Wiki or the pictures of the films that they scanned the Granite Mountain vault. If you're not familiar with the Granite Mountain vault, it's a special storage facility that the church built into a mountain near SLC in 1965. It houses various old church records as well as genealogy records. you can read more about it here https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/granite-mountain-records-vault

He also told me that the elders did yard work at an old house that has been turned into a Stake Center in SLC. I would love a picture of it if any of you know where it is, or can send a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment