Saturday, January 12, 2019

Week 48: New Year, Same Mission - January 8, 2019

This picture is actually from June at the Manti Pageant, but we just got it. He's so happy!

Hello friends and family! Wow, it feels like a whole year since last time I talked to you all (ha ha), but none the less I'm happy to talk to you all again now. So, as you might be wondering, yes, we did celebrate the new year, which was quite fun. On New Years Eve, my apartment had fun playing games and eating pizza! On New Years day, however, we didn't do much other than eat food and play some more games while also relaxing. That night, though, we had a lot of fun because we had food provided by J Dogs and watched the original Ben Hur! This wasn't my first time seeing it, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. After that, things have just gone back to normal, which I'm really happy about since I kind of missed having a routine. The only other thing that I feel like I should mention is that yesterday it snowed, which I didn't like except for the fact that the snow that fell looked like actual snowflakes! I thought that was just what they looked like at a microscopic scale, but they can actually look like the typical snowflake at a visible range! I guess that's the typical thing that happens when you grow up in a desert all your life: you're amazed at things like this. I hope you all had a great New Years and I hope you all enjoy having this year that The Lord has given us. Have a great week!
Till Then,
Elder Wright
 
Elder Wright also said the following to his Dad:
My beanie has become my best friend. It hasn't been too snowy, but it'll probably get worse. As for the two hour church, what have you guys been doing for the third hour? I would suggest leading some kind of spiritual discussion, because that's what we did in my district on Sunday, and it turned out great!
 

He and I also discussed the Family Home Evening lesson that Mandy gave to Dad and me on Monday night. We talked about the lineage of Christ and how it is important for us to know our own lineage and how that influences us. Elder Wright said, "It's important to know that the Lord kept His promise to King David that Christ would be born from David's lineage, even though David obviously didn't live to see that happen because it was a long time after the promise was made! The Lord keeps his promise, no matter how much time passes."

Some pictures of the Elders from New Years Day


No comments:

Post a Comment