Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 21: Happy Early P-Day and 4th of July


From Mom: I got a nice surprise text from a stranger this morning that said, "Your boys are doing well. Felt impressed to take their picture and send it to yo :) very nice young men. I got in my car and felt impressed to get back out and go take their picture. I told them I didn't know whose Mom needed a text today but one or both did. I think they thought I was crazy. I looked at my 12 yr old guy and thought I'd want someone to take his picture at Walmart too!"
And now on to his email:

Hey guys, I know this is a day early, but that's because tomorrow everything is going to be closed for the 4th of July, so my companion and I are having our p-day today. That aside, I've been having a good time here. I'm currently serving in Data Services, which is a non-patron-facing zone in the FHL, and we are mainly in charge of helping people with FamilySearch account problems, usually through email and on the phone. I'm still learning on how to do things here, but it's still pretty cool. I also hear that the elders in this zone stay here for a long while, which I'm very happy about because I would love to not have to move from my apartment for a while. My companion/district leader is Elder B. Peterson, and he's pretty nice. We get along alright, and he does a great job at leading our district. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else that happened this past week. We held a sacrament meeting for this one care center for old people, which that was pretty neat. It did take a while, but the people there were really nice, so it was all fine. I hope you all remember to care for your elderly, since they are full of wisdom and experience that we could use. Have a great week! 
From,
Elder Wright

We also got a picture and text on Sunday:
"Sister Wright, I enjoyed working with Elder Wright today as he and his companion helped the St. Joseph's branch of my stake today. St. Joseph's is a nursing home with about 90 members who cannot care for themselves. He helped collect the residents, pass the sacrament, and helped take them to classes and then back to their rooms. It is truly serving the poor and the needy of God's children and we are grateful for Elder Wright and his willingness to help.--Pres. Carson, Salt Lake Granite Stake"

No comments:

Post a Comment