Friday, July 20, 2018

Week 23: Just Another Week in the Mission - July 18, 2018

Elder Wright didn't send any pictures this week, but he did send a cute video. So I took this screen shot. He was so happy with all of the other Elders!

Hey guys, I told you I would be emailing on the right day for once! Their isn't much going on here in the mission, so I don't have much to talk about. The only things that I can think of talking about would be some of the things that happened in the last 24 hours. First of all, my companion gave a Book of Mormon to someone! We were at Smiths, and while we were waiting for the other two elders in our district to finish checking out, we met with this nice lady that I'm fairly sure was homeless. She told us that she used to be in the church a while back, but then she moved to another part of Utah, which caused her to go inactive because she didn't like the place and she didn't do much there. Now she has recently changed her mind and decided to go back to church! She told us that she repented of the things of her pass and said that each day she was going to read three pages of her bible each day. My companion, Elder Petersen, asked her if she had a Book of Mormon, and she said no, so he gave her one! She was so happy and thanked us both, and I was so happy to see this lady being so joyful for the gospel! It just goes to show you that we should feel the same way when it comes to the scriptures. The other thing that happened recently was that one of Family Search's servers went down last night, which means that most of our zone spent the entire time taking calls from people asking why Family Search was down. It was hilarious at first, but by the end I was bored because I can't take calls yet, but I got to work on some family history work, so it's all worked out. I honestly don't mind these uneventful weeks on the mission because it makes them seem like they're going by faster! I just hope it continues to be like this. Have a wonderful week!
Till then,
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment