Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Week 20: Transferred Again - June 27, 2018

Well, I know this is a bit sooner than you guys expected, but it's time for another email session from me, because today is now my p-day! We had transfers yesterday, and I am now serving in Data Services. I can't exactly tell you what we do there, mostly because I haven't been there yet, but I will let you know next time. I also got a new companion, named Elder Petersen, and his pretty nice. He likes to talk a lot, which I'm usually not used to doing at first, but something tells me that things will improve. The other big change is that I'm in a training apartment! For those of you who don't know what that is, a training apartment is when one companionship lives in a four-man apartment so that when the next batch of elders show up, they aren't in an apartment all by themselves. I've always wanted to be in one of these kind of apartments, so I'll see how this goes.

We also went to the Manti pageant recently, and I got to say, I was really impressed. It was visually stunning and the story was amazing. The dialogue and music could be updated, along with a couple of other facts in there like Brigham Young being the one to tell the government that they could create the Mormon Battalion rather than being asked by the government. We did have a little bit of a problem with the protesters, but not that much. In fact, one elder heard one protester give up because of the amount of elders walking by. I hope we get to go next year, because I really enjoyed myself.

On Monday, our mission president gave a talk about the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum, and it was really interesting. It was really cool to hear about the events that lead to their deaths, and it was also cool to find out that it was important for not just the prophet, but also the patriarch to die to seal their testimonies in their blood.
Other than that, I don't have much else to share. It hasn't been to long since I last emailed, but already I've shared more than I usually do during emails. I hope you all have a great week, and make sure to remember that: 1.) Joseph and Hyrum both died for their testimonies, and we need to have that kind of devotion (although don't try looking for situations that will put you in that kind of danger), and 2.) my p-day is now on Wednesday. Have a great week.

Till next week,
Elder Wright
PS: A picture of me and Elder & Sister Boon. They are leaving today and I got a picture of them with me while I'm holding the blanket of my Great Grandpa Ketcher, who they actually knew.


Some pictures at the Manti Pageant








No comments:

Post a Comment