Saturday, April 14, 2018

Week 9: Oaks and Illness - April 13, 2018

Elder Wright tried to email pictures home this week, but due to technical difficulties we were unable to open the attachments. So I thought we would have to wait until next week at least until we got pictures. But then we had a little miracle. A tender mercy from our Father in Heaven. A mom of another missionary in the Salt Lake City Headquarters Mission posted a few pictures on the mission facebook page. It made my mom heart so happy to see my son smiling and waving in the back of this group of awesome missionaries!

And he sent this wonderful email this week as well:

See, I told you I would be emailing on Friday this time. So it's been more than a week since you guys have heard from me, so that means I have more to tell you about. Well, for starters, last Friday we had a mission conference/testimony meeting/celebration of the first vision. It was really a fun and interesting experience, and the food there was really good. The next interesting news would be that we had a devotional on Monday. Now, we have one every Monday, but what made this one really cool was the fact that President Oaks was presiding! We even got to shake hands with him!! Honestly, though, I didn't feel much of an impact, but then again, as you might have guessed from the title of this email, I was sick at the time. I did make it to the devotional, and I did shake his hand, but I don't really remember much that was said because I felt like I was going to throw up the entire time. I'm glad that I went though and I wish I could have paid attention more. Anyway, I'm feeling better now and I am continuing to serve. I also saw the Indiana Jones Guy again, but this time his hat was hanging on his bike and he had bleach-blond hair. In all, it has been an interesting week and I hope we can continue to serve to the best of our abilities.
Till next week,
Elder Wright
PS: Yesterday was my 2 month mark for my mission here in Salt Lake City and in 2 days it will be my 6 month mark on my mission as a whole. Yay!

We were also able to get these pictures of the devotional with President Oaks from facebook too.



No comments:

Post a Comment