Sunday, April 22, 2018

Week 10: Calm Before The Transfers - April 20, 2018

Elder Wright sent these pictures again because we weren't able to open them last week. He said that these were taken at a dinner appointment with some senior missionaries.

From left to right: Elders Wright, Vandenhazel, Rich (my current district leader, he's pretty cool), and Eppich (my companion).

Welcome to the next installment of Elder Wright's Mission! So not much has really happened, or at least anything that warrants being the title of my email. We went to the Jordan River Temple open house last week, so that's pretty neat. Also, I've finally have been added to the Overland Trails Project, so that has been helping me get by during my day zone. In the project, we are basically going through all the women over 15's profiles and changing them so that they show both their maiden name and their married name. It's a lot more interesting than I make it sound. We also had an interesting encounter with a protester who was standing on a box and speaking through a cruddy microphone. My companion and I were with four other elders, so it didn't really get to us that much. In fact, we even thought it was pretty funny. Part of me wonders where Soapbox Sam went off to, but in the end I don't care enough to find out. The last noteworthy thing that I feel like mentioning is the conference we had a couple of days ago. It was mostly meant for the senior missionaries, but us young elders were invited. Most of it was a presentation by President Fenn (our mission president) about the last week of The Savior's life and all that happened. Then Sister Fenn gave a talk about when her father, who was a general authority, was dying and all that he accomplished during that time. It was really uplifting and really interesting to learn about. The way I felt afterwards can be describe as such: humbling, feeling small, but loved none the less. Honestly, it's a wonderful feeling to have and we should feel that more often. I just hope I can keep that feeling with me through the next week, since Tuesday will be transfers. Speaking of transfers, because of them I might end up with a different P-Day, so don't be surprised if I email a different day than usual. 
Till next week, 
Elder Wright

I'm not sure Elder Wright knows that Sister Fenn's father is Elder Bruce R. McConkie

The young Elders from Elder Wright's mission. This was taken with Elder Duncan of the Seventy a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment