Thursday, June 27, 2019

Week 72: Manti, Olympians, and Transfers - June 25, 2019


Hey Friends and Family! As you might have guessed from the title of this email, a few things have happened/are coming soon. First things first, my mission got to go to Manti to see the final Manti pageant. It was really interesting to see this final performance, but at the same time it's obvious why they are retiring it. The dialogue is old and the information is a bit outdated, not to mention the amount of protesters around the place. We didn't get back till the next day at about 1 in the morning, but we got to sleep in so that's good. That evening, though, we had the opportunity to meet Noelle Pikus-Pace, an Olympian who is a member of the church. She won the silver metal in the Skeleton during the Sochi Olympics, and needless to say, it was pretty cool. I know it might not seem like that big of a deal, but I had a great time with that fireside, especially when her husband spoke to us.
Today is transfers, and I am happy to say that I didn't get a moving notice. I know, crazy to think that I'm happy that I'll be staying in Discovery, but I've honestly been having a great time there, and I know that it's because of Heavenly Father's blessings that I've been able to enjoy this experience. Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you remember the blessings that you've been given!!
Till Then,
Elder Wright
PS: Pictures!




PS: Elder Wright also told us about helping patrons with The Chinese Experience with the iPads at the Discovery Center at the Family History library. Pretty cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment