Sunday, March 3, 2019

Week 55: Dipping Back Into DIP - March 2, 2019

One of Mom's friends was visiting for RootsTech and tracked Elder Wright down at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. She wasn't able to see him directly and get a picture, but one of the sweet Senior Sister missionaries took her phone and got this picture to send to me. What a great surprise!
Hello everyone! So, I do actually have a few things to mention. First of all, I'M FINALLY A TRAINER!!!! I've been waiting for this opportunity for a long time now and I'm so happy that I'm able to do this. His name is Elder Mitchell, and he's a really great young elder! As for other news, I'm no longer a district leader and I'm no longer in Library Services. I'm now back in DIP (Digital Imaging Processing), but I'm having a great time with the elders in my district. It is a bit odd not being district leader again, but in all I'm so glad for how things have been working out for me lately. I hope you all know that when we strive to do our best, the Lord will bless us, even if it may be different than how we might originally expect. Have an amazing week!
Till then,
Elder Wright

Elder Wright served in DIP back in April of last year. For more information about DIP, you can check out the April 9 and May 6, 2018 posts on his blog (ElderNickWrightServes.blogspot.com). He also moved to a new apartment and is excited because it's a 2-man apartment so he doesn't have to share as much ;-). He participated in RootsTech, but only helping by returning computers from the convention center back to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We asked if he was starting to get "trunky" (missionary word that means "anxious to get back home".) He said he isn't because when he starts feeling like that time drags by slowly and he gets distracted from the work he's doing. He like to stay focused. And the biggest news-he got to have a video chat with us at home and we were even able to include Priscilla at BYU. Technology is such an amazing blessing! Elder Wright's new Pday is Saturday and I know he would love to hear from any of you. Thanks!

Elder Wright with a former companion, Elder Petersen. Elder Petersen has completed his mission and was heading home!

And some pictures from our video chat!








No comments:

Post a Comment